- “Time Out of Mind” (S) is (LV) a spare, spooky-sounding album (PN).
- I (S) feel (LV) afraid (PA).
- The movie (S) is (LV) preposterous (PA)—and hugely entertaining (PA).
- Their issues (S) are (LV) Social Security(PN) and the cost of prescription drugs (PN).
- The gentlest things (S) for your skin are (LV) aloe vera, cocoa butter, and pure merino wool (PN).
- White House aides (S) are (LV) aghast (PA).
- He (S) is (LV) an intellectual heavyweight (PN).
- I (S) was (LV) awake (PA) before dawn on April 8, 1998.
- The saga (S) of Monica Lewinsky, Ken Starr, and Bill and Hillary Clinton was (LV) great entertainment (PN).
- Education (S) is (LV) the most important issue (PN) for all citizens.
- Those marvelous glasses (S) are (LV) heavy (PA).
- You (S) are (LV) a daring Italian pilot (PN) with a handsome mustache.
- This flower (S) is (LV) a gardenia (PN).
- He (S) was (LV) a clairvoyant (PN).
- Sam Adams (S) is (LV) famous (PA) for a few things.
- Residential streets (S) blend (V) with the world’s most fashionable drives.
- Bits and bytes and ones and zeros (S) fly (V) around the planet.
- We (S) should meet (V) at one o’clock at Lutece.
- Tennessee Williams (S) moved (V) into the literary world with a collection of stories.
- This offer (S) will expire (V) soon (adv).
- Then the phone (S) beside him rang (V).
- Letters (S) arrived (V) at Clairol headquarters.
- She (S) never wavered (V) in her belief in the dream.
- Mary Cassatt (S) left (V) for Parma with her friend Emily Sartain.
- Love (S) dies (V) hard (adv).
- The black poodle (S) stretched out (V) languidly (adv) on the snow-white carpet.
- Fifi Brown (S) screamed (V) at the mouse.
- He (S) played (V) in the center field.
- Many (S) of us are (V) waiting (adv).
- California congressman Leo Ryan and a group (S) of journalists flew (V) to Guyana.
- Mr. Carlton (S) became (LV) my most important mentor (PN) in high school.
- She (S) had (LV) better control (O) of her temper tantrums after therapy.
- I (S) lift (V) my microscope (O) down from the shelf.
- A huge gap (S) appeared (V) in the fabric of time.
- In the South, cicadas (S) have (V) a breeding cycle (O) of 13 years.
- Sean (S) wrote (V) poems (O) about the sea.
- The wedding party (S) drove (V) idly into the city.
- The railroad (S) made (V) the Industrial Revolution (DO) an accomplished fact (OC).
- [You (S)] Read (V) these prospectuses (O) carefully.
- Holy Cross Monument (S) shone (V) atop a nearby mountain.
- Memory (S) is (LV) sometimes mythical (PA).
- My favorite salad (S) features (LV) asparagus, raspberry vinaigrette, and walnuts (PN).
- The church (S) has become (LV) more conscious (PA) of its role in the key events of the century.
- Dogs (S) can think (V).
- It (S) is (LV) the face (PN) of an angel.
- Kathy was very morose today.
- That fur ball is my cat!
- He feels maudlin when Titanic is on TV.
- The laughter sounded maniacal.
- Jeff will be the best man.
- Terese landed with a thud.
- He sang to the turkey.
- Tyrone yelled at passerby.
- The puppy fell off of the tractor.
- The triathletes finished before succumbing to food poisoning.